3 Cups broth (chicken or vegetable)
1 Cup green lentils
1/2 cup Garbanzo beans
1-2 Tbsp Curry powder
1 cup or so of chopped carrots
1/2 medium onion
salt and pepper to taste
oil (I used olive)
1. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Sautee onions until translucent.
2. Add curry powder, and cook until spice is fragrant. About 30 seconds.
3. Add broth, and rinsed lentils. Bring to a boil and add carrots. Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add potatoes. Cook 15 more minutes.
5. Add Garbanzo beans. Cook 15 – 25 more minutes or until everything is cooked and lentils are tender.
I used 1 Tbs and will probably use 2 next time. Served it over rice for my husband. In the future, I may try adding white fish.