Since I started blogging (just recently!), I keep coming across recipes that look and sound so amazing that even if I don’t get around to trying them, somebody just HAS to! Sometimes a recipe is just too sweet for my taste, or maybe a little more complicated than I’ll probably get around to, or perhaps I’m just being lazy, or maybe I made it and it was so good it deserves another shout out, wtf ever, my blog my rules and rules were meant to be broken… like not using run on sentences…
To make sure that someone does try them, or that I don’t lose track of them, I’m going to start a weekly list of recipes and blogs.
So if you’re bored and looking for some inspiration, these are definitely some places to start!
Here are 5 vegan recipes that are, indeed, badass.
- Killer Rellenos from http://consciousbites.wordpress.com/ – these looked beyond amazing and Jules is just one badass chick. These are peppers, stuffed Field Roast brand Soyrizo, and jalapenos. They are then stuffed into roasted poblano peppers, dipped in tempura batter, fried, then topped with a soy cheese mixture and baked. Even if you don’t make these, go check them out. The amount of work she put into these really paid off with an amazingly delicious looking pepper.
- Maple Oatmeal Blueberry Breakfast Squares from http://livelearnloveeat.com/ – I cannot WAIT to try this. In fact, I’ll probably be doing it next week for my birthday breakfast. But in the meantime check out this rad, and refreshing looking breakfast bar!
- Vegan Steak Bomb Sandwich from Play With my Food – The recipe is fairly simple, and that’s part of the beauty of it. It’s a quick meal, but packed full of veggies and in place of “cheese” he gets the creaminess from soy sour cream. We have plans to try this this week (A recipe my husband will be cooking) but the guy is so witty and the website is so entertaining that my husband (who does NOT like cooking) took the time to peruse his posts, and admire his collection of action figures.
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream (vegan) from Parsnips and Sprockets – This website address makes me wish I liked sweets more, but this awesomely awesome looking Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream just HAD to be shared. Everything on her site is amazing.
- Peanut Butter Cups (Like Reese’s) – from Coy Bettie’s Espresso and Bistro – If you read a previous fail, do not be fooled, because it’s not the recipe that failed, but the recipe user (after inspecting my bag of chocolate chips realized I had inadvertently used 70% cocoa which is WAY too bitter for my tastes). My husband had to stop me from licking the bowl from the insides of this shiznit, it’s SO good. Also, forget Captain Crunch – Peanut Butter Panda Puffs, FTW!